Frequently asked questions
- I'm new to the range - how do I start?
- Build a routine and order some products :). If you have super-sensitive skin make sure you choose an unscented products.
- Are your products tested on animals? What's your animal testing statement?
- We don't use ingredients that have been tested on animals. We also do not test finished products on animals nor do we engage subcontractors to do so. We also don't sell to markets where animal testing is mandatory. All Facetheory ingredients are vegan and none are animal-derived.
- Do you offer samples?
- We don't offer samples unfortunately. We recommend you use facetheory for at least 30 days to get a good feel for if the routine is going to work for you and a sample wouldn't give your skin sufficient time to obtain the benefit from the product. We back our products with a 365 day satisfaction guarantee, so if you're not happy you can just claim a refund.
- How long can the products be stored for?
- Quick answer - it depends - factors like the environment affect shelf life, so we can't give a specific answer - but most of the time the products will be fine even a year after you buy them. Once opened, they last at least nine months at room temperature.
- Where are facetheory products made?
- They're made in the United Kingdom in our own lab to exacting quality standards. We source our ingredients very carefully and only work with a carefully chosen selection of suppliers.
- I have a medical condition - are facetheory products suitable?
- Generally speaking our products are well-tolerated, however if you have specific concerns please address these with your medical practitioner. If in doubt, test on a small area first (e.g. behind your ear) and leave the product on for 24 hours. If there's any redness or soreness then discontinue use.
- I've got a nut allergy. Can I use your products?
- Allergies vary from person to person and unfortunately we are not able to confirm "nut allergy free" for everybody because each individual could be allergic to a different kind of nut (although peanuts are the most common). We do however include a full list of ingredients with every product, both on the website and on the product packaging. We suggest you check these to make sure our products don't have something in that you're allergic to.
If you do have a nut allergy - we always recommend you speak to your GP to see if our products may be suitable and then patch test first. A small amount should be applied close to where you want to apply the product (such as behind the ear). If you experience any redness, irritation or discomfort during the next 24 hours then you should immediately and thoroughly wash the test area and not use that product.
- How much plastic do you use?
- We're phasing out single-use plastic and most of our products our now available in either glass jars, glass bottles, or aluminium tubes. We expect to be free of single-use plastic by early 2020.
Ordering and Delivery
Where are you shipping the orders from?
All orders are currently shipped from our warehouse in the United Kingdom.
- How much is delivery and how long does it take?
- Australian delivery is A$9.99 and free on orders over A$80 - this is sent on a tracked service that generally speaking takes about 5 days. You shouldn't have to pay any import duties unless the order is above around A$1500.
- How does the 365 day satisfaction guarantee work?
- More here.
- What's the returns policy?
- If you don't like a product, let us know, and we'll offer you a replacement product or your money back. We want your experience with us to be a positive one and we don't believe in asking you to return a product that you're not happy with.
- Do you have a press contact?
Yes. For all press and media requests and information about Facetheory, please contact:
- Do you work with bloggers?
- Yes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about yourself.
- I have other random questions.
- Try here. Email email@example.com and we'll do our best to answer.
Facetheory Rewards FAQ
- Do I have to pay to join Facetheory Rewards?
- No, membership is completely free!
- How do I check how many points I have?
- Once logged in your points will be visible at the top of the Rewards page.
- How can I move up a tier?
- Your tier level is based upon your spend over the las 365 days. Once you’ve met the tier requirements you’ll be automatically upgraded to the new tier.
- How do I redeem my points?
- Points are redeemable on the rewards page or at checkout.
- Can I use my points on all products?
- Yes you can :)
Can I refer family/friends if they live at the same address?
Unfortunately you would not be able to refer family/friends who live at the same address.
- Can I earn points for my previous purchases?
- Unfortunately you can only earn points on purchases made after joining Facetheory Rewards. If you already had a customer account with us you will only earn points on orders placed after 15/03/21.
If I return my order or just one product for a refund, will I loose points?
If you return a order for a refund, the points you earned will automatically be removed. If you returns the order partially, points will be removed partially as well.
- Will I still earn points if I use a discount code?
- Yes but please note points are calculated based on the order total after the discount is applied.
- How long are the points valid for?
- You can use your points within 365 days, starting from the day you earned the points on. If you are inactive for more than 6 months, the points may have been removed automatically, but don't panic. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add them back.